Monday, March 18, 2024

Monday Minute

images
What's on tap this week:
Monday
Mom is coming to town
Bible study chat group
GriefShare group online

Tuesday
Blood draw and EKG
Appointment with oncologist

Wednesday
Dentist appointment
 
Thursday
Mom heading home

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Last week's highlights
Monday morning was my regularly scheduled yearly mammogram. For the first time since I found a lump in my right breast in 2013, I went into the room not feeling scared or anxious. After all, I already have metastatic breast cancer, so what news can I get that's gonna be worse? That afternoon I found out that a beloved aunt had passed away...that makes 4 family members since the day after Christmas. 2024 needs to knock it off! Monday night was another session of GriefShare--and this week I made it through the entire session without crying, which is a major accomplishment for me!

On Tuesday I went to Bible study, where we are studying the Max Lucado book "They Walked With God." Spent the afternoon cleaning, and the evening watching movies.

Wednesday I vacuumed and dusted the entire first floor, walked to the library and back, sent St. Patrick's Day cards to Michael and Lucian, and watched movies. After dinner, went to women's Bible study at the church, where we studied the first two chapters of the book of James. Came home and watched another movie.

Thursday I slept in, then mopped the bathroom and kitchen. Took out the trash before the rain started. Watched the entire miniseries "Apples Never Fall" in the afternoon. Started a pot of black beans, which I can't wait to eat with some cornbread tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...