Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday Minute

images

What's on tap this week: 

Monday

Mammogram in the AM

Bible study chat group

GriefShare online group


Tuesday

Bible study in the AM--current study is They Walked With God, Max Lucado


Wednesday

Bible study in the PM--currently studying the book of James


Thursday


Friday


Saturday


Sunday

Church and small group


Last week's highlights

Monday night was the third session of GriefShare online. I'm finding it very helpful in dealing with my grief--it's good to know that I'm not the only one feeling the way I do. I just hate that I end up blubbering every time I share something with the group.  :(

Tuesday morning I went to a new Bible study with a couple of friends. Everyone was very welcoming. Then it was off to the hospital for bloodwork and an EKG. Once I got home, I started prep for the next day's colonoscopy. 

Wednesday I had to get up at 4am to continue the prep, and I arrived at 9:45 for my endoscopy (scope of the esophagus) and colonoscopy. Once that was over, I had lunch with a friend at Frisch's. Dinner was a comfort meal of garlic bread, lasagna, and coconut cream pie.

Thursday was errand day: picked up a prescription, got a book from the library, and went to the bank (got my income tax refund!) Got two packages through Pink Ribbon Good--nontoxic cleaning supplies and a super lightweight vacuum. I also set up my first free meal deliveries through them. 

Friday was a day of more medical news. My bone density test showed some issues with my bones, so the oncologist wants me to have an Xgeva injection once a month, but before I can start that I have to have a dental exam to make sure there are no issues with my teeth. So, on March 20th, it's time to see a dentist. Used my new vacuum today and swept the entire downstairs. Friday night I watched "Wonka" while dealing with bone pain---not sure if it's a med side effect or was from the temps getting cold again.

Saturday was laundry day, and I had to unclog a drain. (So much excitement--can you stand it? LOL) I also started decluttering and reorganizing my linen closet--completed 3 of 5 shelves. Hope to finish the rest on Monday.  Had a short visit from my grandson, Michael, this afternoon, and he brought me a Taco Bell quesadilla courtesy of his mom, Samantha. 

Sunday started out with pain in my neck that made it tough to get out of bed. Then a family issue had me crying like a baby---and all this was before 8:30 am. Went to church and small group, then came home and collapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...