Monday, March 25, 2024

Monday Minute

images
What's on tap this week:
Monday
Bible study chat group
Grief Share online group

Tuesday
Blood draw
AM Bible study

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
Church
 

Last week's highlights:
Monday morning Mom got here for a short visit. We ran some errands, and then she helped me with some organizing and cleaning I was trying to finish. After school, Michael was here to do homework, and then the three of us went to Dairy Queen for dinner and dessert. Took Michael home, and then I had Bible study group check-in/chat, as well as a GriefShare group meeting. Watched some TV and went to bed.
Tuesday was an early morning, as I had to be at the hospital before 8am for a blood draw. Then I took Mom out to breakfast at Fairborn Family Diner. After a brief stop back at the house, it was time to go back to the hospital for an appointment with my oncologist and an hour wait in the pharmacy to get my cancer meds. More errands and cleaning after that, and then more time with Michael after school. Took Michael home, then went to Fairborn Goodwill and to Kroger. Talked to Amy on the phone and watched TV again.
Slept in a little on Wednesday morning. Picked Samantha up around 10, went shopping and out to lunch, then to my dental appointment. Dropped Samantha off at home, went to the base to get my Xgeva shot, and got home just before Michael got here to do homework. Took him home, made dinner, watched TV, and off to bed.
Thursday was a tough yet busy day. Mom left this morning, which made me feel sad and depressed. Jumped into getting stuff done so I didn't sit around thinking too much. Gathered all the trash and took it out, did a load of laundry, threw out all the boxes that had been sitting in the basement for too long, trimmed the tree in my front yard, filled my bird feeder, played with the cats, and binge watched some TV, all before lunch. I thought about taking a walk downtown, but it never warmed enough for that. Spent time with Michael, cooked dinner, took a shower, watched TV, and went to bed.
Friday I picked up prescriptions on base, picked up a book at the library, and stopped by the bank. Brought the trash cans back to the house, did a little cleaning up, had lunch, and took a short nap before Michael got here. We talked and watched TV, and then he headed home. I had dinner, watched more TV, and went to bed.
Saturday was another rough day. Woke up with bone pain from the Xgeva shot, which eased up for a little while after I took Allegra and Ibuprophen. Stayed on the couch most of the day, reading and watching movies. Took another dose of Ibuprophen with dinner. Did homework for my GriefShare group and my Tuesday morning Bible study group, watched another movie, listened to my "Goodbye" playlist and had a good cry, then went to bed.
Sunday morning Michael and I went to church. After a couple of burritos for lunch, I watched Pygmalion. I cleaned a bookshelf and re-arranged it, called Mom, had sloppy joes for dinner, and watched several episodes of Heartland, Season 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...