Sunday, July 28, 2024

Then and Now

channels4-profile

Another writing prompt from another writing class. 

THEN AND NOW
Then I was a wife. Now I am a widow. Then I was the healthy one in the house. Now, I still feel healthy, but my diagnosis says otherwise. Then I had a full, active social life. Now, most of my socializing is done online. Then, I could spend all day being active. Now, anything more than a couple of hours and I'm ready for a nap. Then, I knew that I was loved and supported. Now, I often feel completely alone. Then, I had plans for far into the future. Now I plan for next month. Then, my life revolved around my family. Now, it revolves around my appointments. Then, I thought I knew who my friends were. Now I know who my REAL friends are. Then, I felt I knew my purpose in life. Now, I feel like I'm drifting without an anchor. Then I made things into priorities that now I realize don't matter. Then I was grounded in my faith. Now  God and I are still on speaking terms, but I'm not quite finished being angry with Him yet. Then, I thought I knew what the rest of my life would look like. Now, a new adventure awaits me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...