Monday, April 8, 2024

Fifty Things About Me

image-asset
1) I've been writing poetry and stories since I was 10 years old.
2) I had my first poem published when I was 16 years old.
3) I've been married three times.
4) I've been divorced twice.
5) All three of my husbands are deceased.
6) I have three children and two stepchildren.
7) I have nine grandchildren.
8) I have three great-grandchildren and one on the way.
9) I have two cats, Ghost and Snow.
10) My favorite color is Carolina blue.
11) My favorite food is lasagna.
12) My favorite drink is sweet tea.
13) My favorite book is Gone With The Wind.
14) My favorite movie is Somewhere In Time.
15)  I have a bachelor's degree in elementary education.
16) I lived in Germany for three years, and my middle child was born there.
17) I enjoy writing poetry and short stories.
18)  I am working on my autobiography.
19) I have published a book of my poetry.
20) I was a guest on the Geraldo show in 1993.
21) I am a loyal friend.
22) I am sentimental.
23) I am emotional and sensitive, sometimes to extremes.
24) I am a hopeful romantic.
25) I am a giver, materially and emotionally.
26) I am amazing at remembering trivia.
27) I have a warped sense of humor.
28) I am  persistent.
29) I am forgiving (sometimes too much).
30) I am a better baker than a cook.
31) I have strong opinions and don't hesitate to share them.
32)  I am stronger than most people think I am, including myself.
33) I am trusting (again, sometimes too much).
34) I look for the best in everyone and everything.
35)  I wear my heart on my sleeve.
36)  I am a planner and a list maker.
37) I try to read at least 100 books a year.
38) I struggle with self-doubt.
39) "My" song has always been "I Made It Through The Rain," by Barry Manilow.
40) I was 25 years old before I found the courage to get my ears pierced.
41) In my teens, twenties, and thirties, I struggled with trying to gain weight and was often called anorexic. Except when I was pregnant, I never weighed more than 95 pounds until I was 40.
42) I love penguins, especially baby ones.
43) I enjoy attending the Renaissance Festival.
44) I'm a crazy, cock-eyed optimist.
45) I used to have a major phobia about crossing bridges.
46) I had eye surgery at age four, and again at eighteen, to tighten muscles and correct crossed eyes.
47) I never had a bridal shower, honeymoon, or baby shower.
48) I never learned to swim or to ride a bike.
49) Compared to others my age, I made some "unconventional" parenting choices.
50) I have always been a people pleaser.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...