Monday, January 25, 2016

I Am From........( a poem template)

I Am From


by Teresa Kander

I am from

a blue time out chair

from

vinyl records and eight track tapes

I am from

a house on a hill

and

a neighborhood filled with friends

I am from

the hill behind Uncle Bill's house

whose

trees beckoned me with open arms

I am from

Trixie Belden books and trips to the library

from

Danners and Johnsons

and from

faith and loyalty

from

stubbornness and love

I am from

church every Sunday

from

chocolate pie and mashed potatoes

from

a showboat clown

and from

a hardworking farmer

I am from Pink Ears the stuffed rabbit

I am from the moments

I spent with my cousins, the times on the marching band bus, the lunches in the choir room

I am all of this and more.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...