Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday Ten: Favorite Books

The Golden Spoons

These are books that I read over and over again:

The Bible: I try to read it cover to cover every year---right now I'm in the middle of Numbers.

The Shack, William Young: This book actually changed my personal relationship with God, and helped me find a way to feel closer to Him on a daily basis.

Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell: I also watch the movie at least once a year....but the book is so much more in-depth and so much better.

Bridges Of Madison County, Robert James Waller: Love this movie as well.....but with the book I can always skip easily to my favorite sections and read them.

Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte: My favorite romantic classic.


These are books  that I have recently discovered:

Twelve Years A Slave, Solomon Northup: Read it before watching the movie, and was SO moved by it. I have a feeling it will move into the read and re-read category.

Somewhere In Time, Richard Matheson: As many times as I've seen this movie (my all time favorite film, in fact!) I can't believe I'd never read the book until this weekend. So much more emotion than the movie, and I cried several times.

Beneath It All, Tori Madison: This is a fabulous  fictional story of a woman diagnosed with breast cancer--her medical and emotional experiences rang very true with me.  Looking forward to reading the sequel in the near future.

Remnant Series:  Faith Departed, Hope Deferred, Love Defined, Elizabeth Maddrey: Christian fiction about twin sisters and their husbands, fighting infertility, and their different paths. Well-written and heart-wrenching.

Who R U Really?, Margo Kelly:  I recommend this one to anyone who has teens online. It's a little too over the top with its warnings in places, but overall it is an amazing cautionary tale.








5 comments:

  1. I'm sad to admit that The Shack is the only one here I've read cover to cover. I keep picking up the Bible to do so and then getting sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a great list! I have to admit I have tried to read Gone With The Wind several times and never make it all of the way through, but I love the movie. I also love Bridges of Madison County. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie Somewhere in Time - I didn't even know it was based on a book. I'm going to have to read that asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, until I found it on the hoopla site for audio books, through my library.

      Delete
  4. Our whole church read The Shack several years ago. Very moving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...