Thursday, January 8, 2015

Top Ten Life Stories

Mama’s

Prompt: You know the stories that are retold a million times at family gatherings? I call them Life Stories that you just never live down. List your Top Life Stories.

1) When I was about two years old, Mom sent me outside to play while she was washing dishes. After watching a couple of cars drive by slowly, looking toward the yard, she came out to discover that I was running through the yard completely naked, with all my clothes folded neatly on the front step.

2) About that same time, I decided to draw a beautiful picture for my dad with a magic marker--on the hardwood floor of my playroom. Mom left it until Dad got home from work, and then she and I both cleaned it off. 

3) At four, I accidentally murdered my goldfish because my Uncle Bob told me they looked hungry and I should share my apple with them. How was I supposed to know that putting my apple in the fish bowl would result in them going belly up?

4) I was five years old when I got my first serious injury. I was riding my tricycle around the porch while Dad was cooking on the grill. Somehow I managed to get my left arm directly under the grill.....still have burn scars on my knuckles and wrist.

5) I ran away from school when I was in first grade. It was the day after my baby brother was born, and I didn't want to be in school that day. I was crying and throwing a fit, and managed to get out of the classroom, down the stairs, and out the front door. I ran to my grandparents house, which was three houses away from the school. Unfortunately, they called my father at work, he came and got me, and took me back to school.

6) At 16, when I took my driving test, I turned a corner too wide and bumped into a car in the other lane. By the time I got back to school, the news was already spread, and the first thing I heard when I went into the band room sixth period was the band director saying "Hey there, Crash!"



7 comments:

  1. Your driver's ed experience... well, you're right on that. It's never going away after spreading around school like wildfire! I thought of a bunch stories I hear over and over about me. Mine just happen to be in my adult life. My kids are going to have a "hay day" at my funeral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs! Very fun to read. Visiting here from Mama Kat's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just here the retelling of those stories at family gatherings! Tasty roast morsels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to admit, if #1 happened to someone else you'd probably die laughing. That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I really liked the drivers ed story. :) Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, imagine how terrified a teacher would be to have a student actually run away! I'm glad your Dad brought you back! These are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a kindergarten teacher for several years, and I can't imagine how it would feel...although my teacher told me years later she was pretty sure where I would go.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...