Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Stealing: 2014/2015 Meme, Part One

1.What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
The fact 2014 was the year Nana was declared cancer-free.
2.If you had to describe your 2014 in 3 words, what would they be?
Blessed, emotional and busy.
3.What new things did you discover about yourself?
That I am capable of doing things I never imagined I could/would do.
4.What single achievement are you most proud of?
Continuing my education.
5.What was the best news you received?
See #1
6.What was your favourite place that you visited in 2014?
Ohio RenFest, Harveysburg, Ohio.
7.Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
Patience
8.Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
My husband
9.Which new skills did you learn?
Began learning to speak Gaelic
10.What, or who, are you most thankful for?
My family
11.If someone wrote a book about your life in 2014, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else?
Drama
12.What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2014?
Do what you need to do, even if someone else might be unhappy about it.
13.Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
That loving someone unconditionally means accepting everything they do.
14.What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with?
My husband, my youngest daughter and her fiance, my son and his fiancee
15.What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
Taking a class on writing your life story...so now I'm writing a memoir this year.
16.How did your relationship to your family evolve?
I appreciate every moment with them so much more, and I also realized that I can't change some things about them, no matter how much I might like to do so.
17.What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
Several books I read about surviving breast cancer.
18.What was your favourite compliment that you received this year?
Getting comments from authors on my reviews of their books.
19.What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
Talking to my grandson on the phone almost every day, reading, spending time with my husband.
20.What cool things did you create this year?
Several new poems
21.What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
Most of the year, content....the last couple of months, stressed.
22.Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
Don't think so.
23.What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
Our Monday night Bible study.
24.What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
Writing my memoir
25.Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
None, really.

2 comments:

  1. I took a Gaelic course when I was in Ireland, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning Gaelic! Wonderful language that always needs more speakers!
    Congratulations on being cancer free. A very big deal indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...