Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One Word Blog Challenge #1: I Believe

The Golden Spoons

This weeks prompt choices are:
Again, Believe, Complicated



I am a woman of faith, which sounds simple enough, but is actually very complicated. While I believe in the basic tenets of Christianity, I am not a proponent of organized religion, as most of the ones I have been involved with do not see the world in the same way I do.  I used to think, back in my twenties, that this meant there was something wrong with my faith, so I would try time and again to find a religion I could call my own. Now, older and wiser, I am content with a personal relationship with Christ, and a warm and caring small group Bible study that meets every Monday night for food and fellowship. I do not feel, at this point in time, that I will ever go back to attending a weekly church service.  I can't bear to hear about how God has been taken out of the schools, how Christmas is being taken from Christians, how other religions don't have the right to display their symbols on public property but Christians do/should, and most importantly, how friends and family members of mine are suffering from an "illness" just because their sexual orientation is toward a same sex partner.  I believe in a God who is omnipresent and can't be "taken out" of any situation. I believe that Christmas is whatever YOU make it. I believe that religious freedom applies to ALL religions. I believe that God loves everyone, and expects us to do the same....that He created us all, and can't possibly condemn an entire segment of people for loving in the way He created them to love.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa, just the other say I saw a news bulletin I can't remember exactly was organization it was here or maybe the courthouse. I don't know - but the news what about allowing the words "In God We Trust" to hang in the meeting room. I just wondered to myself, why is that news and why is that so difficult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's exactly the sort of thing that bothers me...why does everything have to be a fight?

      Delete
  2. It makes me sad that you have had not so great experiences with organized religion because my church is such an important part of my life. However, I understand where you are coming from and completely respect your decision. It sounds like you are very grounded and confident in your faith and that is wonderful! So glad you linked up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...