Wednesday, October 15, 2014

One Holiday At A Time,Please!

BE Society October 2014 Challenge

Does it bother you that some stores have already started selling Christmas decorations before Halloween?

Oh my gosh, YES! This is one of my biggest pet peeves about this time of year. It's Halloween, Thanksgiving and THEN Christmas.  It's way too soon to start putting out Christmas decorations right now--and also way too early for radio stations to start playing Christmas music (which one local station started last week!). As the title of this post says, let's focus on one holiday at a time, so that we have the chance to enjoy them rather than just rushing on to plan for the next one. I don't really decorate for either Halloween or Thanksgiving, but I still won't decorate for Christmas, or start playing Christmas music, until the day after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that!!! Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday and it really upsets me to have it taken over by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...