Monday, October 13, 2014

My Worst Injury

BE Society October 2014 Challenge

We've all managed to injure ourselves. What was your worst injury?

My worst injury happened about ten years ago. My oldest daughter was about 14, and was being a royal pain in the butt on this particular day. I started across the living room toward her, misjudged my path and ran straight into a living room chair. I thought that I had just stubbed my toe on the wooden leg of the chair, so I didn't pay much attention to the pain I felt the rest of the day.

When I woke up the next morning, however, there was no doubt I had done more damage than just stubbing a toe. Almost all of my foot was a deep purple, and very swollen---and I couldn't put my weight on it. So we got dressed and I hobbled to the car and spent several hours in the ER. Turned out I had broken a bone in my foot, so I went home with an ace bandage, a walking boot, and a pair of crutches. That was the LONGEST summer of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...