Friday, October 10, 2014

Halloween vs. Thanksgiving

BE Society October 2014 Challenge

Favourite fall holiday – Halloween or Thanksgiving?

Definitely Thanksgiving! For us, Halloween was/is about the kids. We did some decorating when they were young and were trick or treating, but these days we don't really bother. If the weather is good, I dress in costume to pass out candy, but if not, I just wear my Halloween themed sweatshirt.

Thanksgiving, though, is all about family, and always has been for me. As a kid, and even for many years as an adult, Thanksgiving meant going to my maternal grandparents' house with all the aunts, uncles and cousins---and LOTS of food! These days, we have dinner here, with whichever kids and other family members can join us, and it's always a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...