Thursday, September 4, 2014

Treasures

 photo 070426005_zps6c919f94.jpg

Day 4: Write about what you treasure most in the world.

What I treasure most in the world is my relationship with my family--not only my husband, my children and their significant others and my grandson, but also my mother, my brother and his family, my aunts, uncles, and cousins. 

I grew up surrounded by my mother's family.  We spent most Sunday afternoons, and holidays, with them at my grandparents' house, and summers were when we would spend as much time with the cousins as possible, sleeping over at Granny and Grandpa's house. 

Since I moved away from my hometown in 1996, I haven't seen much of them, except at our yearly family reunion and, unfortunately, at funerals. We're all spread out a lot further than we were when we were kids, and we have our own families, and busy lives, so it's not nearly as easy as it used to be. 

However, when we DO get together, we usually seem to pick up right where we left off the last time around, which is reassuring. And most of us are on Facebook, so it's not like we're totally clueless about each other, either. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it awful when you only see certain family members at events like funerals? I know sometimes we really don't have time or we can't help it, but it is sort of sad. I also truly value my family. I really don't know what I would do without them. I am so happy to see that someone else truly cares about their family too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very well put, family is the best treasure in a person's life. I enjoyed reading it/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...