Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cosmetic Surgery

 photo quote-Paloma-Faith-i-agree-with-cosmetic-surgery-for-medical-160131_zpsc2092bdb.png
 
Would you ever consider having plastic surgery to "stop" the signs of aging or just for purely cosmetic? Have you ever has cosmetic surgery?

I love that this is the prompt for today, and that I was able to find this quote. Why? Because tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will be headed to the hospital for reconstructive surgery. After all the time I spent in the hospital LAST year (chemo, miscellanous infections, surgery and radiation), this is a hospital stay that I am actually enthusiastic about.

After this surgery, and whatever recovery time it takes, plus another procedure later in the year, I will FINALLY be finished with this journey, and be able to feel like I'm "normal" again. I've been wearing a prosthetic for most of this year, which has given me the illusion of normal, but wearing it is what made me even more sure that I wanted to go through with the reconstruction. I just couldn't picture myself dealing with the "fake boob" for the rest of my life.

I'll update on my progress when I get home from the hospital and feel up to typing again, hopefully sometime next week. In the meantime, I hope you'll continue to enjoy my already scheduled posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...