Saturday, August 2, 2014

Just Me, Myself and I

 photo f11192e33f66f7b5bca4eb9b8d4f17b4_zps03c72c30.jpg

  Day 2: Do you need solitude?

Anyone who knows me very well knows that "quiet time" is a very important part of my life. I'm not a big people person at all, and there are times when being around large groups can totally sap all my energy, particularly if the gathering is a rather emotional one. After something like that, I need to come home, hide away from anything and everything, and regroup for a while.

As I've told people in the past, I could become a hermit with very little problem. I like the solitude of home more and more every day. Occasional interaction with small groups of people are okay, but no more than once or twice a week. I don't even like my solitude to be disturbed by unexpected phone calls most days!  LOL

5 comments:

  1. Alone time is really important. I know what you mean about being in a large crowd and needed to get home to exhale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you. I become physically and emotionally drained if I have too much 'group time' without small breaks of solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alone time is a must, something that I don't get much off I have to admit but when I do I certainly make the most if it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, yes! When my family goes to WalMart on a Saturday or around the first of the month, I last about 10 minutes before I have to get out of the crush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I like to spend time along walking on the beach. When I am alone I can focus on the scenery and life's little small joys that pop out at us if we take the time to look for them! I enjoyed visiting your blog and love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...