Sunday, August 31, 2014

Health Update

I had a mammogram in March, and everything came back normal, as  have all my other tests since the mastectomy.

 I met with my plastic surgeon again this month, and we've scheduled my reconstruction for September 22nd. Because of the radiation, and the damage to the tissue that it caused, we're going to have to do a little more than what she had described to me in May of last year. The new plan involves removing muscle from the back, sliding it under the skin to the front to create new breast tissue, as well as bringing skin from the back along with the muscle to create breast skin. I will also have an expander put in place which we will have to inflate a couple of times to get it to the size we want, and then I'll go back in for a final surgery to place the implant AND lift the left side so that they will match. Plus I'll get my first....and likely only.....tattoo when the doctor creates a nipple on the right side once I'm healed.  :)   
Will update on my health again when I'm home from the surgery and feel up to typing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, glad your results have all come back clear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...