Saturday, July 12, 2014

With Lust In My Heart

 photo lust-tattoo-heart-studs-2218-p_zps448e4090.jpg
Day 12: Five things you lust after

The definition of lust is "an intense desire or craving." Based on that, I lust after a gazillion things....but don't worry, I won't list them all. I'll just go with the first five that come to mind.

1) Approval/Acceptance: I have always wanted to have the approval of those people who matter to me. When I feel as though I don't have it, I can do some really stupid things to try to get it back.  In the last five years or so, I have gotten much better about not worrying about what other people think of me,but I do still have my moments.

2) Chocolate: Specifically, plain M&Ms.....although I love all kinds of chocolate, they are my biggest obsession. They were my pregnancy craving with both of my girls, and they continue to be my favorite snack.

3) Books: I learned to read when I was about 3 1/2, and I haven't stopped since. So far this year I have read nearly 90 books.  I get most of them through the library, or else I would never be able to afford to support my habit. I have nearly a thousand books on my "want to read" list, and add more almost daily.

4) My husband: Is that too obvious, or too corny?  Too bad!  It's true, so I'm including him.  :D

5) A Kindle: I used to say I would never have one, but now that I've gotten interested in reading and reviewing books, I need one, so I can download advanced copies on to it,which is something I can't do with my Chromebook. Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly relate to #3!!! I have the book lust thing pretty bad. I keep collecting them, even though I have stacks I have yet to read! Just wish I had unlimited time to tackle them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...