Saturday, July 12, 2014
With Lust In My Heart
Day 12: Five things you lust after
The definition of lust is "an intense desire or craving." Based on that, I lust after a gazillion things....but don't worry, I won't list them all. I'll just go with the first five that come to mind.
1) Approval/Acceptance: I have always wanted to have the approval of those people who matter to me. When I feel as though I don't have it, I can do some really stupid things to try to get it back. In the last five years or so, I have gotten much better about not worrying about what other people think of me,but I do still have my moments.
2) Chocolate: Specifically, plain M&Ms.....although I love all kinds of chocolate, they are my biggest obsession. They were my pregnancy craving with both of my girls, and they continue to be my favorite snack.
3) Books: I learned to read when I was about 3 1/2, and I haven't stopped since. So far this year I have read nearly 90 books. I get most of them through the library, or else I would never be able to afford to support my habit. I have nearly a thousand books on my "want to read" list, and add more almost daily.
4) My husband: Is that too obvious, or too corny? Too bad! It's true, so I'm including him. :D
5) A Kindle: I used to say I would never have one, but now that I've gotten interested in reading and reviewing books, I need one, so I can download advanced copies on to it,which is something I can't do with my Chromebook. Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas!