Monday, July 21, 2014

Why I Blog

 photo f9b902028f4f0b523b67c51c86b85d0f_zpsb1d5ce38.jpg

Day 21: Why do you blog?

  I started this blog several years ago just to have a place to share the occasional post about my family, my life, and my opinions. Then I discovered blog hops and blog challenges, where I could still write about those things, yet get a few more readers. I have never written in an effort to get readership, though, and would not change my topics/types of posts just to have more people read.

Ever since I was a child, I have written as a way of expressing myself, working through emotions, venting my anger, etc. That is the purpose of this blog, and will continue to be so. It's not about getting a large readership, nor is it about making money. Those things may be fine for others, but are not my cup of tea.

I will continue to be true to myself and my original purpose for starting this blog, and welcome all who choose to read and follow what goes on here.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are blogging for the right reasons! I like when people blog FOR THEMSELVES .. .for me I like to be able to look back and know what was going on in my life when the urge strikes ..I don't remember if i mentioned that in my post or not lol.. I wrote so many the other night! Thanks for joining up with BE and playing along with us! I truly enjoy having you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog is an online log, a Weblog. You are blogging for all the right reasons. The fact that the world can read it might make it a little more difficult to say some things, but over all, it's about your life and what happens in it. Most bloggers who read other blogs are reading to know this wonderful world full of people they may never meet face to face.

    Thanks for blogging about your life. It's a pleasure to read here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...