Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Religion

 photo Religion_zps3c006106.jpg

 Faith has always played a large part in my life. Organized religion, on the other hand, has given me issues since I was a teenager. I never understood the sort of people who made a show of being in church every Sunday, yet were blatantly committing illegal acts the other six days of the week.

I also have a difficult time sitting in Sunday school class or in a church service and listening to people talk about God being taken out of schools, Christ out of Christmas,etc.---and those things being the reasons for any number of tragedies/disasters in our country. As I said in a post written earlier this year, I don't believe that an omnipresent God can be taken out of anywhere or anything. All we have to do is call on Him, and He will always be with us.

Another problem I have with organized religion is that, while they all have their differences, each one believes that only they are right, and that those who don't believe as they do are doomed. My faith is in a God of grace, mercy and love for everyone, not one who chooses to exclude those who are outside the mainstream.

I'll leave it at that for now, before I get up on my soapbox and start to rant about other issues I have with religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...