Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Favorite Blogs

 photo Take-Time-To-Read-Your-Favorite-Blogs_zpsf8007426.png

Day 8: Five favorite blogs This was a tough one....trying to narrow down my list to only five blogs that I enjoy reading.  But, here we go: ten blogs, with a brief description of each one.

1)thriftnerd--written by my dear friend, Erin.  She shares her amazing thrift finds, advice on becoming minimalist, and how to outfit a gorgeous teenage daughter fashionably at ridiculously low prices! She's also contemplating writing a book on thrifting a wardrobe through high school...so go read and support her.

2)Raising My Rainbow--written by Lori Duron, author of the book by the same name. This is the journey of the Duron family as they raise their two sons, the youngest of whom is gender-nonconforming. I love read her stories of the fun times they have, and my heart aches when I read the stories of discrimination/intolerance/ignorance.

3)The Golden Spoons--written by a new blog friend, Lisa. She has introduced me to a couple of fun blog hops, as well as providing me with smiles as I read some of her posts. Like me, she shares the joys, frustrations, etc. of motherhood.

4)"I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all of the difference..."--I found this one through my church.  Holly, the blogger, is originally from Kansas, and is currently in Tanzania, working at Angel House orphanage and school. Our church here in Ohio is one of many which helps to support Angel House, and Holly's blog is a way of keeping up with what goes on there on a regular basis.

5)A Beautiful Exchange--Hayley is a 20 yr old first time mom, and writes about her life as wife, mom, reader, crafter, etc.  Some of her posts take me back to when I was experiencing that stage of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...