Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge 6/18/14



1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Cleaning house, doing laundry, and packing to go out of town for the weekend.

2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. 
Love

3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemisphere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Definitely feels like summer here in Ohio.

4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
A fairly lazy summer, same as always.

5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
John Walton...because he was one of the most realistic fathers on TV, ever. In some ways he was like my dad was when I was young, yes.

6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
Most of my favorite picnic memories involve my kids, a blanket, our backyard, sandwiches and juice boxes.

7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize CayesProvidenciales in Turks and CaicosBora Bora in French PolynesiaMarco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Never been to any of them.  Would choose Bora Bora if price were no object..

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
LOVING the warm weather this week, even with the thunderstorms thrown in here and there.

6 comments:

  1. I think Americans need more laziness at all times of the year. It helps reduce stress and anxiety. And as a writer, I find laziness is essential to my work. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot all about John Walton. Yes, he was my very favorite (and here I thought it was Jim Anderson? from Father Knows Best.) Loved Mr. Walton. And we always enjoyed summertime backyard picnics too. I loved to take a book and read to the kids while they were eating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tag line under your header. That could be my mantra : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bora Bora was my choice, too...I'm a sucker for anywhere tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picnic memories. That sounds very close to my own memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...