Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Ten: Things I Would Tell My Sixteen Year Old Self

The Golden Spoons


Day 4 photo dear16yearoldme_zps47f4267f.jpg
1) Stop trying to live your life the way others want you to....plan the future YOU want.

2) Don't get too serious about any boy until after you finish college.

3) Keep writing no matter how discouraged you get about it---one day you'll be glad you did.

4) Those kids who make fun of you? In the future, you won't remember their faces or names.

5) One day you will actually have a friendly, more loving relationship with your mother.

6) No one is perfect...learn from your mistakes and move on.

7) Work on your relationship with your younger brother. He's the only sibling you have, after all.

8) Enjoy every minute you have with your dad...in a few years you're going to miss those moments.

9) Always take LOTS of pictures...you'll want to have those memories to look back on when you get older.

10) Most importantly, live every day to the fullest!!!

11 comments:

  1. This is a great list! #6 is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have trouble remembering that one sometimes, even at almost 53!

      Delete
  2. I am very much in favor of the taking-pictures one. So many undeveloped rolls of film in my life; I'm glad I have digital memories now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. I think we gain such insight and perspective as we get older. Of course, we get grey hair and wrinkles too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love my grey hair and wrinkles...they sure beat the alternative!

      Delete
  4. Take lots of pictures - yes! And don't put them in those horrible sticky albums, because they will be so hard to take out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...back then, most of mine stayed in the envelope they came in after the film was developed.

      Delete
  5. I totally agree on number 6. I thought it was unfair when my brother had more freedom than I have when I'm even older than him but I totally understand now that I have a son of my own. *I think my computer ate my first comment. Hehe*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem was more that, as the oldest, I was the one who got in trouble when HE did something, because I should have known better than to LET him. @@

      Delete
  6. What a great list! I had a hard time forgetting about my mistakes and moving on. That's a great lesson to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a constant work in progress.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...