Friday, June 20, 2014

Share Your World – 2014 Week 24

Share Your World

What makes you feel the most secure?
Being safe and sound at home with the family. I'm a major homebody/introvert, so being on my own turf, with the people I love the most, is a huge security blanket for me.

If you were a shoe, what kind would you be and why?
I'd probably be a flip-flop....casual, comfortable and easy-going.

How many languages do you you speak?
I'm fluent in English, and I can speak enough German to get by after living there for three years in the 80s-90s. Would like to learn French and/or Spanish.

What was the largest city you have been to?  What is the one thing you remember most?
I would have to say New York City in 1993....and the thing I remember most is the traffic. I can't even count how many times I thought our driver was going to hit someone, or someone was going to hit us.  For a small town girl, it was positively nerve-wracking!
Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I am grateful that my husband and I were able to spend 4 days with my mother last week, helping her out as she recovers from a broken ankle (and surgery to repair it). I am also grateful that tomorrow she will celebrate her 75th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...