Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday 9: Little Red Corvette

Little Red Corvette



 











Saturday 9: LIttle Red Corvette
(recommended by Smellyann

No link this week. Prince apparently is very strict about copyright infringement. 

1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily?
Not as easily as I used to, thank goodness.

2) Prince is his real name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family?
My younger cousins used to call me Teesa since they couldn't pronounce my name.
3) Prince says he's "obsessed" with Mozart and reads whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read?
Currently reading Sweet Evil,by Wendy Higgins.
4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle. 
Don't have one...haven't driven in about 15 yrs.

5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2014, how do you hear new music?
Spotify or the radio.

6) In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly? 
My last flight was 3 years ago, and went very smoothly.

7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park? 
I have been to Disneyland once and Disney World three times.

8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant. 
Don't really have one.

9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis? 
Took tennis lessons one summer, but never really got into it.

6 comments:

  1. I took tennis one summer and would have played more if I had taken it with somebody so I would have some one to play with that was at the same level as me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about internet radio that I listen to for new-ish music. I have been playing the iTunes radio stations a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to Pandora sometimes and forgot about that. Oops. Mostly I listen to the music I already own, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, forgot about the internet radio. I've never tried Spotify; is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. May give Sweet Evil a go myself. I quite like the genre of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teesa is cute! I love it when kids can't say something correctly - it usually sounds so cute. Except when my nephew couldn't pronounce the TR sound and it came out FR instead. The word TRUCK didn't sound so nice. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...