Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pantry Staples

 photo pantry_zpsc8f74b9d.jpg

Tuesday Ten:  Things That Are Always In My Pantry/Kitchen

Cappuccino, Coffee, Cocoa and Tea: Cappuccino for me, coffee for Barry, cocoa for Amy, and tea for me and Amy. Barry and I have our hot caffeinated beverages every day, while Amy generally only has them in the winter, when she's freezing.

Sugar: We could never manage without this...we use it in the above mentioned beverages, on cereal, in baking, etc.---and I usually add it to my pasta sauce.

Flour: Baking necessity, as well as used in breading some foods.

Condiments: Catsup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Barbecue Sauce, Ranch Dressing: We use these for a variety of different foods, and we all use different condiments or combinations of condiments.

Pasta and sauce: This is our go-to meal when we need to fix something quick, or we just don't know what to fix.

A variety of soups: We keep chicken noodle and tomato for "sick day" food, and a variety of other types just to eat whenever.

Peanut butter: Crunchy for me and Amy, creamy for Barry (and for his peanut butter cookies)

Baking powder and soda: More of our baking staples

Rice: White rice, wild rice, yellow rice....even Rice A Roni.

Salt and spices: Salt, kosher salt, and more spices than I could ever list here.   :)




7 comments:

  1. Is that your pantry in the picture? That would be like a dream come true for me! I'm always running out of room in my kitchen cabinets, and don't really have a true pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! No, it's just a pic I found on Google. A big pantry like that would be heavenly for us, too!!

      Delete
  2. LOL I was getting ready to wow at your pantry too! It is a heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to only buy crunchy peanut butter, but then my littlest one decided he likes creamy on every other sandwich! LOL! Now I have both and sometimes that forces me to make peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I thought that was your pantry! DH now has the running of the pantry. Ours is a poke hole of a full closet that used to be my sewing/laundry room, all of five feet of wall for the sewing machine and the patterns and cloth. But, it had a lockable door! I could go into it and actually get some sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have so many condiments it's ridiculous. Ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, different kinds of salad dressing, etc. The list goes on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta and sauce is a saving grace. I've also really gotten into keeping flour and yeast around since we got a bread maker. It's really interesting to see how many things people keep (or don't keep) in their pantries.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...