Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Reasons For Writing

To what extent is your blog a place for your own self expression and creativity vs. a site designed to attract readers? How do you balance that? If sticking to certain topics and types of posts meant your readership would triple, would you do it?


I started this blog several years ago just to have a place to share the occasional post about my family, my life, and my opinions. Then I discovered blog hops and blog challenges, where I could still write about those things, yet get a few more readers. I have never written in an effort to get readership, though, and would not change my topics/types of posts just to have more people read.

Ever since I was a child, I have written as a way of expressing myself, working through emotions, venting my anger, etc. That is the purpose of this blog, and will continue to be so. It's not about getting a large readership, nor is it about making money. Those things may be fine for others, but are not my cup of tea.

I will continue to be true to myself and my original purpose for starting this blog, and welcome all who choose to read and follow what goes on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...