Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ten Things I Love About My Mom

The Golden Spoons

This week's Tuesday Ten is a list of ten things I love about my mother.

1) I love that she chose to give up her career in cosmetology to stay home with me after my trusted babysitter left us to care for her grandchild.

2) I love that she could always be counted on to attend every party or performance I had in elementary school, and every concert (band and choir) in high school, as well as being a chaperon for every band trip.

3) I love that she is a wonderful seamstress and was able to make clothes for her very short, very skinny daughter so that I didn't have to wear "little girl" clothes in junior high and high school.

4) I love that she graduated from college at age 62 with a degree in early childhood education.

5) I love that she is a woman of great faith who passed her beliefs on to her children.

6) I love that she showed me how to be strong and carry on even after your marriage falls apart.

7) I love that she is such a good cook.

8) I love that she isn't afraid to speak her mind.

9) I love that she taught me how important family can be to you.

10) I love that she still calls me her "baby girl."

5 comments:

  1. A college graduate at the age of 62? How awesome! I tell my kids they will always be my babies, no matter how old they are. And secretly I think they like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the greatest admiration for people who finish their degree later in life. It takes real commitment and dedication to do that. Sounds like you've got a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! That last one got me! She sounds like a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom made my clothes, too, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have! I loved reading your list about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so wonderful that your mom got a degree in early childhood education at 62! Inspiring and awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...