Friday, May 9, 2014

My Inspirations

Day 9 photo inspire_zps3b759046.gif

List ten people who have inspired you, and describe how.

1) God: My faith has always been a big part of my life, and I've been blessed to witness enough miracles to inspire me to keep believing and to share my faith with others.

2) My maternal grandmother, Freda Johnson: Granny inspired me to stay young at heart, no matter my chronological age. She was an active participant in the lives of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren until the last week of her life, when she was 82. She also showed me what a woman of faith looks like, and inspired me to live a life that would make her proud.

3) My mother, Gloria Evans: My mother, who graduated from college at the age of 62, inspires me to keep setting goals for myself no matter my age. She also inspired me to want to be a wife and mother, although our ideas on HOW to do those things differ widely.

4) My father, Richard Danner:  My dad inspired me to be a voracious reader by taking me to the library every Saturday to get a stack of books and by reading books and magazines himself. He was also the parent who encouraged my writing.

5)   My "other mom," Anne Fischer: My high school choir director inspired me to be the kind of teacher who truly cared about her students and what was going on with them outside of school. Without her to talk to, I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the drama of my teen years---and she is still part of my life to this day.

6) My college American Lit teacher, Joanne Daily: She inspired me to explore the "darker" side of writing...without letting myself be immersed in the feelings about what I was writing.

7) My children, Brian, Samantha and Amy: They inspired me to make a better life for myself, so that they could have the life I believe they deserved.

8) My husband, Barry: He is my rock, the strength I draw from when I feel like I just can't go on, and his love inspires me to want to be the best ME that I can be.

9) My grandson Micheal: He inspires me with his laughter,and his four year old view of life. I look forward to watching him grow and seeing who he becomes.

10) My Facebook friend and "big brother" Mike Letostak: He inspires me to keep learning and questioning, and to show the love of God to other people every day, just by being who he is, and by offering me encouragement when I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...