What's the hardest part about growing up?
The hardest part about growing up, for me, was realizing that life's not fair and there's nothing I can do about it but keep on living.
- It's not fair that loving someone sometimes means nothing more than giving them an opportunity to break your heart.
- It's not fair that some men think supporting their children, or even spending time with them, is optional.
- It's not fair that good people die, and that some really evil people seem to live far too long.
- It's not fair that some people see kindness as an excuse to walk all over you.
- It's not fair that sometimes you can't do anything to make your child feel better.
- It's not fair that some people judge you by what you wear, or drive, or own, instead of for who you are.
- It's not fair that people are always so willing to believe the worst about you.
There are tons of other ways life isn't fair, but you get the point. And just remember this: while life may not be fair, it sure beats the alternative!