Friday, May 9, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Grateful

Five Minute Friday

This is my first 5 Minute Friday link up, so I'll explain the premise briefly, although it's pretty self-explanatory. Each week, Lisa-Jo provides a prompt, and then we just write about it for five minutes....whatever comes to mind, just let it come out on the page, then link up and read what others had to say as well.

I have learned to be grateful for everything in my life, and to let others know when I am grateful for them or their actions. Life is short, and we never have the promise of tomorrow.  I never want to left with regrets of things unsaid or unacknowledged.

I am grateful every morning just to have another day. I am grateful for my husband, my children, their spouses/significant others, my grandson. I am grateful for my parents, my brother, my sister-in-law, my nephew.  I am grateful for my Bible study group. I am grateful for my aunts, uncles and cousins. I am grateful for my former mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I am grateful for music, art and books. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for the doctors who guided me through my cancer journey. I am grateful for my Facebook and blog friends.

2 comments:

  1. Teresa,
    Being grateful for another day. I agree. So often I look at the calendar and groan because it's full. I need to remember to be grateful for each day because I might not have another one. Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to read your words of gratitude this morning. I know what it is to have a grateful heart, especially towards a team of compassionate doctors and nurses with all the expertise needed on a cancer journey. Thanks for sharing and welcome to five minute friday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...