Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Currently 5/21/14

This week's themes:  writing, visiting, learning, wanting, loving

I am writing blog posts on "30 things my kids should know about me."  Some of those posts have been difficult for me to write, requiring some soul searching and some serious honesty. Overall, it's been as much for me as for the kids, but it does give them a more in-depth look at Mom than they may have had up to this point.

The only visiting I've done this week is to a friend's house on Monday night for our weekly Bible study and potluck dinner. We had spaghetti, salad and garlic bread for dinner, and we wrapped up our study based on the movie GOD'S NOT DEAD.

I've been learning more about how to share my faith and my beliefs...not just what I believe, but WHY I believe. With so many debates on Facebook about religion lately, I feel this is something I need to work on and improve.

I am wanting to spend more time with my grandson. He and his parents live about 4 hours away from us, and I haven't seen him since the day after Christmas. I talk to him on the phone several times a week, and my daughter posts a lot of pictures on Facebook, but none of that is as satisfying as having him around in person.

I am loving that I have discovered audiobooks, and that I can get them through my local library. I can listen to them on my laptop while I am writing blog posts or anything else I want to do online, or even while I'm washing dishes, folding laundry, etc.  Since I started this, I'm finishing a book about every other day.

1 comment:

  1. I often think about my blog that someday my kids might read it and learn more about me than might come across in the day-to-day getting to know you of raising them. The internal struggles that we're having as the grownups while trying to make their days routine and wonderful. It's so great that you're putting that series together for your children. I bet they just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...