Friday, April 25, 2014

V Is For Voracious Reader






I learned to read somewhere between the ages of 3 and 4, and I've been doing it on an almost daily basis ever since. From first grade, I went to the library every Saturday, and picked out three or four books to read that week. I read nearly every book in the children's section of the library before I was out of elementary school...and by fifth grade, I was also starting to read adult fiction.

These days I still will read just about any book I can get my hands on.  So far this year, I have finished 28 books--and my goal for the year is to read at least 80. I have a LONG list of books that I want to read in my lifetime, so I doubt I'll ever run out of resources.

2 comments:

  1. A worth, educational and entertaining goal for the year. Good for you. You learned to read much earlier than most. My brother was an early reader and also a voracious one. He read everything from War and Peace to Winnie the Poo. Today I may take your posters advice....
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I'm a reader too. My favourite book is the Bible. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of the challenge!
    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...