Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ten Things Of Thankful 4/6/14

Ten Things of Thankful

1) I am thankful for the warm, beautiful days we've had this week.

2) I am thankful for a wonderful day spent with my mother and youngest daughter on Tuesday, which involved shopping and food.   :)

3) I am thankful for the fact our house is so often filled with the sounds of shared laughter.

4) I am thankful for the enthusiasm I hear from my grandson when we talk on the phone. On Friday, he was excited that it was his Dad's birthday, and that he was helping Mom make Jello Jigglers to celebrate.


5) I am thankful that we have a free HBO weekend, so that we can watch the season premiere of Game Of Thrones when it actually airs.

6) I am thankful for days when I can kick back, relax, and do nothing but read blogs and books all day long.

7) I am thankful for all the rain we've had, as it is helping all of our flowers to grow.


8) I am thankful that Kim, my friend since second grade, who was struck in a crosswalk by a hit and run driver on Friday night, is recovering from her injuries.

9) I am thankful for making it through the first week of the A to Z Challenge, and for all the new blog friends I'm making along the way.

10) I am thankful that I can always find so many reasons to BE thankful each week!!!

6 comments:

  1. Well, it's clear your family enjoys its time together! Great photos.
    How scary for your friend! I'm glad she's doing alright. Relatedly, I love hearing about people who have been friends for so long.
    Congrats on finishing the first week of A-Z. I did it last year. It's a lot of work, but I met so many wonderful people through it. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terribly sorry to hear about your friend and I hope she'll be okay. That is an awful thing to happen.
    Your grandson is a cutie and I can't remember the last time I hear of Jello Jigglers....wow!
    The flowers are gorgeous and I am hoping we get a little rain here this week to help out the garden we recently planted. Nature's water is the best :)
    I love that you get time to sit back and read blogs and books! That's a great gift!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness... I hope your friend continues to improve in leaps and bounds... your grandson looks just a little excited about the jigglers.. I could never stand them... of course I dont like gummie bears either...its the texture...
    no flowers here yet but we do have the rain...so maybe soon by your theory...

    good luck with the rest of the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of your grandson is GORGEOUS! What a perfect snapshot. (What's a jello jiggler? I'll have to look that one up)

    I'm glad your friend is recovering, and that things weren't worse for her! My goodness, how scary. And what a shame that the driver was such an idiot :(

    I'm glad you are enjoying the A-Z. It's such fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crocuses are making me happy these days, too. As well as the chance to get outside, work the dirt, and get filthy with Spring.
    I like your #3 best, but I am also thankful your friend is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being thankful each week is huge and your grandson is adorable! YAY to free HBO as well. I haven't watched the Game of Thrones but heard it's amazing. Also very very glad that your friend is okay and is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...