Tuesday, April 22, 2014

S Is For Survivor




Last year, almost to the day, I went for my annual mammogram. There was something suspicious, so they asked me to stay for an ultrasound....and then I was told what I had already suspected, that I had a lump they were fairly sure was cancer. Soon there was a needle biopsy, followed by a whirlwind of new doctors in my life, as well as several scans to help determine our plan of action.

After four months of chemotherapy, surgery and recovery, and nearly two months of radiation, I was finally able to say that I am a cancer survivor, rather than a cancer patient. In the back of my mind, there's always that tiny little voice reminding me it could return, but for the most part I can push it away and just enjoy my life.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are a survivor. It's such a nasty disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Amazing Grace but instead of once I was blind, but now I see, you can say, Once I can cancer, but now, am cancer free. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...