Monday, April 21, 2014

R Is For Romantic




The above image could have been written especially for me. I spent most of my childhood dreaming of what my life would be like when I found "THE ONE," and how wonderful it would all be.  I am much more impressed by small gestures that really show how well the other person knows me and my likes than by big, extravagant gifts. I have always longed to be loved as deeply as I can love. And, until I found my husband, I was very much a person more in love with the IDEA of love than actually loving someone and making the relationship last through good times and bad. I am so very glad that I chose him to share the rest of my life.

8 comments:

  1. I finally found this hopeless romantic. This describes him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poster and a great description of the Hopeless Romantic. Many of us fit those Romantic Notions and are lucky when they become reality. I'm glad to hear it happened for you. It did for me took, and Romance has lasted for 49 years...so lucky in love and 'stick-to-it-tive-ness.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed to have 'the love of my life' still tolerating me after 27 years. lol Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I watched way too many romance movies that I just knew it would happen to me like that. Well, I did fall in love but ever so much better than any movie or book - life is grand!
    Visiting from A-Z Blogging
    http://www.door2lore.com/3/post/2014/04/radio-storytelling-in-a-box.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about my husband. I've been very blessed.

    Hope you'll consider visiting http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/04/blogging-from-to-z-april-challenge-r.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it holds good for me too. I was in love with idea of being in love but love is not actually about grandeur but about the small gestures that show the love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember a movie, I think it's entitled Stuck in Love, where it was said that there are two kinds of people; hopeless romantics and realists. And, like the female character (Lily Collins), I'd rather be a realist than a hopeless romantic. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was never a romantic, which I now find incredibly sad :)

    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...