Friday, April 11, 2014

J Is For Jovial





Jovial: cheerful in mood or disposition.

I try my best to keep a smile on my face, especially out in public. You never know whether you might be the only friendly face someone sees on any given day. Besides that, even if I'm having a bad day, if I smile long enough, I feel better about things.

When I was going through chemo and radiation, all the medical personnel I dealt with, whether at my appointments or during my many hospital stays, would comment on my constant smile and great attitude. My reaction was that the alternative, which I saw as feeling sorry for myself, wasn't all that attractive to me. I guess I'm too optimistic to go down that road.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're exactly right about the way a positive outlook can lift our own spirits and the spirits of those around us. From one "hopeless optimist" to another - keep it up, and good luck with the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet another 'Glass half full Gal' with a Smile and positive attitude even in the face of adversity. Good for you...Good for us!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...