Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Is For Intelligent






I chose this word for the letter "I" because it's something that I don't normally talk about.  I've even been known, through the years, to downplay the "brainy" side of myself.  But the fact of the matter is, I've always been the smart, nerdy girl. I learned to read when I was 3 1/2 yrs. old, and I've been an eager learner ever since. When I was in first grade, the principal was discussing a new standardized test with my teacher, and said he thought it was expecting too much from first graders, at which point she told him that she had a student she thought could answer every question.  So I spent an entire morning sitting at her desk, working on this test--and I missed ONE question.   :(     I have an IQ of 146, and I'm always trying to learn new things.  At the same time, I don't want to appear to be the "know it all" with other people, so sometimes I have to walk a fine line.

3 comments:

  1. Intelligence is a thing to be celebrated, along with all the abilities we as humans have. :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
    FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has a PhD in chemistry. When she was single and searching for Mr. Right, she found that many guys were intimidated by that. She joked that she was going to start telling people she was an elementary school teacher -- not that they're not smart, just more "normal," I suppose. Sad commentary, isn't it, to feel you have to play down your intelligence. I agree with the previous comment -- celebrate intelligence!
    Visiting from A to Z ~
    Wendy at Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intelligence is an incredibly wonderfully, beautiful trait! Celebrate it! Sad that the above ^ commenter felt that a 'downplay' on that is an elementary school teacher. :( I had been one for years, and now teach the upcoming ones...it isn't all cut and paste. It is actually brain surgery without the scalpel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...