Wednesday, April 9, 2014

H Is For Honest





I always try to be an honest person. I don't believe in lying to people, even "little white lies."  I tell people who are close to me "If you don't want to hear my honest opinion, don't ask me the question."  And I expect that same level of honesty from the people in my life. If I ask you a question, don't give me the polite answer, the answer you think I want to hear, or a noncommittal answer....just tell me the TRUTH.

At the same time, I don't necessarily believe in brutal honesty. Being honest should never be the same as being cruel. If more people were honest, and not cruel about it, I think the world would be a better place.

8 comments:

  1. Good points, you can say something honestly but with tact with a little consideration for somebody else's opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honesty is still important, as is respect for the other person. Dishonesty however is just as rampant as it ever was.
    visiting via the A to Z. Will be one of your new followers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree. I detest honesty ... just don't tell me my butt's fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true. If you don't want an opinion then don't ask. Honesty gives honest actions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Your "honesty" should never be used as a badly veiled attempt to make you feel better about yourself. Be honest but be gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all about honesty in here, that was my very first post when I started with blogger or better still when I left to start again in 2011! Definitely a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree too. I think some people used Honestly as a cover for Cruelty. A xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...