Monday, April 7, 2014

F Is For Faith




I like to think of myself as a woman of faith. I grew up in the United Methodist church, thanks to my parents, and for the first decade and a half of my life I simply accepted everything I heard there as fact. As a teen, I had my first experience that I refer to as a "crisis of faith." That means I began to question what I had been taught, and to look toward other sources for answers. Because of that, I have read the texts of several religions, and have found that I incorporate things from each of them into my current philosophy of life. I still attend a United Methodist church, but I don't always agree with everything I hear from the pulpit.

I found this definition of a woman of faith that I think sums me up pretty well.  I do my best, every day, to be a living example of the love of Christ to everyone whose life I touch.
     "A woman of faith loves the Lord. She wants Him to know it by the life she lives, by the words she speaks, by the service she renders to His children, by her every action. She knows that He loves her even though she is imperfect and still trying to be better. She knows that when she does her very best, that it is enough."

9 comments:

  1. Certainly an applicable quote by J.Meyer for many of us. Good for you to question, research, and come to YOUR own comfortable philosophy of life. I have done the same, and have had that faith tested enough times to know that the sum of many parts have helped overcome the 'Fears' life throws our way.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally have faith here, too and can tell you growing up I was raised Catholic and to believe in certain things, God being one of them and yes I do very much believe, so yes I can truly relate to what you shared here and that quote definitely speaks volumes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My faith and God's grace have saved my life.

    I had trouble reading this post. the pale lavender on the white background required some real focus. Over visiting from the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote and one I wish more of us would read and would use in there lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that quote! I understand about the crisis of faith. When I was 12, my Sunday School teacher asked me a question and was expecting to hear what they call "the seven synonyms for God", but at the time it didn't mean to me what I thought it should, so I said I did not know. He proceeded to rip me a new one in the open Sunday School room. Church was not the same for me after that. And it took a lot of years, but I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the quote that says, 'let your faith be bigger than your fear'. It is related to the one you posted which I also love. I can't imagine making my way in this world without faith. Good luck working through the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from A/Z; I like what the Bible says about faith in Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being certain of what we hope for and certain of what we don't see". Having said that, I still struggle with faith, but am trying to have more faith every day!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith, we all need to have some faith either in ourselves or others !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...