Thursday, April 24, 2014

Currently 4/24/14

This week's themes: making, eating, enjoying, hiding, noticing

I am currently making very little progress with anything. I'm going through a "blah" period right now, where I don't really have much enthusiasm for anything. Getting out of bed and managing to keep the dishes and clothes washed are pretty much my biggest accomplishments. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact I had two deaths in my family so close together, so hopefully it will pass soon.

I am currently eating pretty much whatever I want. After spending most of last year having to be careful what I ate, due to the chemo, plus having what I did eat taste like cardboard, I am enjoying food again AND have put back most of the seventeen pounds I lost during that time. 

I am currently enjoying the discovery of audiobooks available through my local library. I can now listen to books while I go on about my day, rather than having to choose to read OR do something else. I'm currently on my second one for this week, which will bring my book count for the year to almost 30.

I am currently hiding from having to explain why we haven't been in church for a LONG time, and that I'm not sure if we'll ever be going back. I've just had too much of hearing things there that go against what I believe, and I would much rather just live out my beliefs, worshipping God on a daily basis.


I am currently noticing life returning to the world...birds in the yard, trees budding, flowers blooming, and lots of young animals. 

If you would like to share what you are doing currently, link up with Harvesting Kale

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your losses, i also might think it is a weather thing ,winter seemed to have lasted a lifetime this year. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time someone mentions audio books I think, "best idea ever!" And then I promptly forget about them... I really need to borrow something from the library and try it out! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...