Friday, March 14, 2014

Why I Loved The 70's

Finish the Sentence Friday

My favorite decade was...

Of all the decades in which I have lived (60's through 10's), my favorite so far has been the 70's. There are SO many reasons why, that I'm going to break it down into categories.

Books
Some great books that I read in the seventies include: 
Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach (I also had a board game based on this book!)
Sounder, William H. Armstrong
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, Robert C. O'Brien
Bridge To Terabithia, Katherine Paterson

Fads
Mood rings

Rubik's cube

Pet rocks 

Smiley face stickers

And let's not forget streaking!  (no picture included....LOL)

Fashion
Some of the fashion trends I wore in the seventies:
Bellbottom jeans

Hot pants (and I also had the white go-go boots!)

Platform shoes

Earth shoes

Clogs

Peasant blouses

Maxi dresses


Music
Aerosmith
The BeeGees

David Bowie
Eagles

Electric Light Orchestra
Fleetwood Mac
Billy Joel
Elton John
Bob Seeger
Bruce Springsteen
Rod Stewart
Three Dog Night
The Carpenters

And then there were the country artists:
George Jones
Tammy Wynette
Charlie Rich 
Bobby Bare
Tom T. Hall
Johnny Cash
Lynn Anderson
Willy Nelson
Kris Kristofferson
Waylon Jennings
Ronnie Milsap
Charley Pride

So,there you go.....a crash course in why I loved the 70's!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how so many of those fashions have come back? I am 45 so have many of those same memories and remember when bell bottoms came back. At first, I was like "I'll never wear them again!" But of course I did. This time, maybe I'll hang on to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bell bottoms actually made a comeback at some point, I remember! And the platform shoes too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...