Saturday, March 15, 2014
"The Unicorn" was selected because Monday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This song was recorded by The Irish Rovers. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
A very small percentage, yes.....mostly German and English, though.
2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State?
Not so far.
3) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for?
The Blarney stone, potato famine, unrest, William Yeats, James Joyce
4) St. Patrick's Day is celebrated the world over. They even watch marching bands and wave Irish flags on St. Patrick's Day in Moscow. Does your town have a St. Patrick's Day parade?
5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?
Probably--I usually do.
6) Have you ever had green beer?
7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's?
Every year I have at least one.
8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now?
Lucky Charms, Trix, Chocolate Lucky Charms, Raisin Bran