Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Time To GO!!!

The Golden Spoons

You have to leave your house in a rush never to return. Other than people and pets, what ten things do you grab to take with you.

I'm going to presume that this is not a house on fire, life in danger sort of situation...if it were, I'd be grabbing random stuff I could get my hands on as I ran for the nearest safe exit.

So, if I were leaving here in a hurry, with my life not in danger, I would make sure to grab the following things:

1) Photo albums: I have pictures of my childhood, as well as pics of my children when they were young.

2) Jewelry box: Contains a lot of sentimental stuff including every piece of jewelry that Barry has ever given me.

3) Poetry notebook: Copies of every poem I've written since I was ten years old.

4) Clothes and shoes: I have to have stuff to wear, right?

5) Journal: Because there are some things that are just too private to be written as blog posts!

6) Bible: Because my faith is very important to me. 

7) Genealogy research: I've been working on it for several years now, and I wouldn't want to have to go back to square one to try to re-document everything I have at this point.

8) Laptop and desktop: Laptop for convenience, and the desktop because it has a ton of pictures on it from the last four years.

9) DVDs: We have too many to try to take them all, but I'd want some of my favorites--Somewhere In Time, Gone With The Wind, The Notebook, It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, the Harry Potter series, Phantom of the Opera, Cats

10) CDs: Again,just some of my favorites--Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, The Eagles

As long as I had these things, pretty much anywhere I wound up would immediately feel safe,secure and like home. 



2 comments:

  1. I'll bet that genealogy research would be hard to replace!! I did a small project for school when I was 10 and *that* was a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I had several of the same things. I love that you included your Bible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...