Thursday, March 6, 2014

30 Days Of Truth:SOMETHING YOU HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO DO



This is a tough one to write, because of what first came to my mind. I've seen family members have to go through this, and I can't imagine doing it myself. What I'm talking about is losing a child, whether through a health issue or through violence.

My grandparents lost three children...one was an infant who caught pneumonia, another was a toddler who fell and got a nail in his head and died from tetanus, and the third was an adult who died from diabetic complications. Each of those situations has its own set of pain and grief,I'm sure, with none being any "easier" to accept than the others. My oldest uncle lost his youngest daughter...she was murdered by her estranged husband. Both of my former husbands are deceased, surviving at least one of their parents--one died of cancer, the other from diabetic issues.

I have three children, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without any of them at this point. God willing, I will never have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...