Saturday, March 15, 2014

30 Days Of Truth: SOMEONE/SOMETHING YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT(BECAUSE YOU'VE TRIED LIVING WITHOUT THEM/IT

My first thought was to write about a person, but the more I thought about that, the harder it became. While there are definitely people I don't like to think about having to live without, I know that if it ever came right down to it, I would go on without them, no matter how difficult it might be.  Once I decided that, I started thinking about something I couldn't live without, and I couldn't think of single material possession that I'm so attached to/dependent on that I couldn't get by without it if I really had to do so.

Just when I thought this whole subject was going to be a bust, the answer came to me. While it isn't a material possession, it is a "something," and I definitely couldn't/wouldn't live without it. What would that be, you ask? My FAITH.

If it were not for my faith, there are a lot of rough spots throughout my life that I would never have gotten past.  If it were not for my faith, and the faith of others, I don't believe that my entire cancer experience would have gone as relatively well as it did. Without my faith, which I've temporarily "lost" on a few occasions due to doubts and questions, my life would have an emptiness that nothing else could fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...