Monday, March 17, 2014

30 Days Of Truth: A BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR VIEWS ON SOMETHING

A book I read which change my views on something would be The Shack, by William Paul Young. I was going through a time of questioning my faith, and a time of controversy in the church we were attending at the time, when I began hearing about a rather controversial book about meeting God/The Trinity. More out of curiosity than anything else, I borrowed it from the library and read it. I have since obtained my own copy (by requesting it as a Christmas present from my youngest child), and read it three or four more times, as well as buying a copy as a gift for a friend. It is one of the most compelling novels I have ever read, and it does a fantastic job of depicting the three parts of the Trinity as individual yet intertwined, and explaining how God can appear to each of us in a form that makes us most comfortable. I cried, I laughed, I prayed, and I found my answers--and a stronger faith than before--thanks to the perspective of this book.  I would HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.   (And FYI, while searching Bing this morning, I learned that Summit Entertainment has bought the movie rights!)




Mackenzie Allen Phillips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in this midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change his life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...