Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Ten: Things That Make Me Cry

The Golden Spoons


Today is National Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, which led to this week's ten being about things that make us cry.  Honestly, I could sum that up in one word for me: EVERYTHING.  I'm a very emotional person, who cries at the drop of a hat....but I'll do my best to come up with ten specifics for today.

1) My husband
Barry can make me cry for a variety of reasons:  happiness, anger, worry,etc.  Sometimes it's all of them at the same time! But hey, that's life and marriage, right?

2) My kids and grandkid
These guys can also make me cry for lots of different reasons.  I cry when I'm proud of them. I cry when I'm worried about them.  I cry when I'm disappointed in them. I cry when I miss them.  I cry when we're all together.  Like I said, I cry over EVERYTHING.

3) Grief
This is the one that makes me cry the most, especially when I lose someone very close to me....then there are buckets of tears.  But, after that one really good cry, I usually tend to feel a lot better.

4) Movies
Love stories with happy endings, love stories with sad endings, movies where any animal dies, movies where a small child dies, movies where my favorite character dies (or appears to die, like Carlisle Cullen in the final Twilight movie.  I made some sound at that point that's not been able to be replicated since!)

5) Hallmark commercials
Always, always, always!!  They are so sappy, and so sweet....and I blubber every time.

6) Books
See what I wrote about movies.  Same thing happens with books.

7) Budweiser Clydesdale commercials
Almost as bad as the Hallmark ones.  This year's Super Bowl commercial, with the puppy?  Oh man...tears rolling down my cheeks.

8) Laughing
Sometimes, especially when the whole family is together, and we're all in  rare form, there is so much laughter that the tears start to flow.

9) Music
There are songs that make me think of people I miss, and songs that just tug at my heartstrings because of the words.

10) Nothing at all
In the last year or so, I can just be sitting on the couch, minding my own business, doing nothing really specific, and tears will start falling down my cheeks.  It's a phenomenon I have yet to be able to explain....and I don't like it.  It makes me feel weird!

So, anyhow, there's my ten things that make me cry.  Hope you enjoyed reading it, and learned a little more about how emotional and sentimental I am in the process.

4 comments:

  1. Husbands are very good at causing tears... they can usually be good for a couple of smiles too. Music is a powerful one that I often forget about. A great song can tell a whole tale without a single lyric. Those usually make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry all the time too!! In fact, I've been crying most of the day reading these posts and getting comments!! The joys of motherhood, huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that Budweiser commercial did get me, too - which is rare because I'm not a cryer! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you - I cry at everything too!!!!

    (PS your CAPTCHA is still on). :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...