Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tuesday Ten: Blogs I Love

The Golden Spoons

This was a tough one....trying to narrow down my list to only ten blogs that I enjoy reading.  But, here we go: ten blogs, with a brief description of each one.

1)thriftnerd--written by my dear friend, Erin.  She shares her amazing thrift finds, advice on becoming minimalist, and how to outfit a gorgeous teenage daughter fashionably at ridiculously low prices! She's also contemplating writing a book on thrifting a wardrobe through high school...so go read and support her.

2)Raising My Rainbow--written by Lori Duron, author of the book by the same name. This is the journey of the Duron family as they raise their two sons, the youngest of whom is gender-nonconforming. I love read her stories of the fun times they have, and my heart aches when I read the stories of discrimination/intolerance/ignorance.

3)The Golden Spoons--written by a new blog friend, Lisa. She has introduced me to a couple of fun blog hops, as well as providing me with smiles as I read some of her posts. Like me, she shares the joys, frustrations, etc. of motherhood.

4)"I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all of the difference..."--I found this one through my church.  Holly, the blogger, is originally from Kansas, and is currently in Tanzania, working at Angel House orphanage and school. Our church here in Ohio is one of many which helps to support Angel House, and Holly's blog is a way of keeping up with what goes on there on a regular basis.

5)A Beautiful Exchange--Hayley is a 20 yr old first time mom, and writes about her life as wife, mom, reader, crafter, etc.  Some of her posts take me back to when I was experiencing that stage of life.

6)Anona-mom--Laine writes about her family life, sometimes gets on her soapbox, and is always inspirational.

7)Can I Get Another Bottle Of Whine With My Morning Quiet Time?--Kate has a great sense of humor that shines through in her writing. I can always count on her to put a smile on my face.

8)It's A Bold Life--Kelly is a mom of three, one of whom is gender non-conforming. Like Lori, she is awesome at dealing with the ups and downs, and I'm impressed with her awesomeness.

9)StageIV Her 2 neu breast cancer--I found Lisa's blog while I was in treatment, and have been following her story ever since, with smiles and tears. Every post is a reminder that life goes on!

10)Mommaste--Love her Monday Mantras and Thankful Heart Thursdays!!!

Hope you'll stop by and visit all these ladies, and tell them I sent you.....have a great Tuesday!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great list! I haven't heard of a bunch of these. I love to thrift, so Thriftnerd is right up my alley !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Teresa! Blog love is certainly in the air! I nominated you for The Liebster Blogging Award on my blog yesterday...did you see it? I also gave you a shout-out on Twitter! Visit my blog for details. The Liebster info is directly under the "10 things" blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a bunch here that I'm not familiar with , thanks for sharing! ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, thanks so much of including me! I'm honored. Also, most of these are new to me, so I look forward to checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. This would be tough. Still, it looks like you've shared some wonderful blogs on here today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kate and Lisa!!! I am anxious to take a good look at the rest of the blogs you shared here! SO lovely to meet YOU as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. I see some good ones I know of and some new friends I haven't met yet! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...