Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ten Things Of Thankful

Ten Things of Thankful

This has definitely been a week to be thankful, so here we go:

1) Yesterday I had my port cath removed, which means that I am officially DONE with cancer treatment. Granted, it may be just "for now," but the fact is, at this moment I am cancer free, and going back to a normal life.

2) Amy, my youngest daughter, made it safely to Iowa yesterday afternoon with her boyfriend and his parents, to attend a wedding this afternoon.

3) Yesterday and today have been much better days weather wise than the last couple of weeks. 

4) Thankful for friends who continue support and encourage me. I got a couple of cards in the mail today, which were just what I needed on a dark, gloomy day.

5) Barry surprised me by bringing me lunch from Taco Bell yesterday (which actually turned into both lunch AND dinner)---without even knowing I was wanting to get the XXL Steak Nachos some time this weekend!

6) I managed to write a blog post every day in January....one month down, eleven more to go.

7) Because of #2, Barry and I are enjoying an entire weekend of having the house to ourselves. I could get used to this!

8) Conversations with my four year old grandson, Micheal, who has an imagination to rival that of his mother, Samantha, at his age. And, of course, that amazing four year old logic. He's having some hearing issues that have yet to be resolved, so yesterday he was trying to use it against his mother.

M: I can't hear you in that ear, it's broken. Say it in my other ear.

Me: Micheal, if you can't hear in that ear, how do you know Mama was talking to you?

M:  Nana, THAT NOT NICE!   (can't stand that he got busted!  LOL)

9) Enjoying the moments when my cat, Gandalf, decides to "allow" me to pet him and shower him with attention and affection--and laughing at the moments when he becomes "psycho kitty" and races wildly from one end of the house to the other, numerous times, before simply dropping on the living room floor to wash his face.

10) Thankful that I can choose to take a nap this afternoon once I finish writing this--IF I can get my brain to slow down, that is!  

6 comments:

  1. Cancer-free, cancer-free, cancer-free! This is the chant that goes along with the little happy dance I am doing for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. porto cath , porto cath oh how you do feel my wrath! Thought I would take a page from May (above).... congrats! THat is awesome...man those caths are a pain! awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahey! Cancer-free is an EPIC and very awesome way of beginning a Ten Things post. Hugely pleased for you.

    Your grandson sounds awesome - what a sense of humour he has :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the port removed! Wonderful news! Celebrate with some more Taco Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hooooooooo for #1. That is awesome.
    And Taco Bell? Please. No matter how healthy I try to keep my food intake, some things simply must be done. Taco Bell is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that the treatments are over, and all will surely be well for now! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...